How to get a Liquor License in Florida
You may have considered buying a Florida Liquor License for your establishment as a Florida business owner. If you are not familiar with or do not have the necessary assistance from a licensed liquor license brokerage company, this method can be confusing. In Florida, the first step in securing your liquor license is to decide what kind of liquor license you require for your business activities.
Types of Licenses
In Florida, there are officially seven forms of liquor licenses open to persons interested in running a retail liquor store. The price and what it takes to get them can vary from these permits, so they are the basics you should remember. Here are the offered licenses:
- A General License is classified as license number one. This license is normally reserved for activities of municipal, state, and federal governments. You do not require permission to sell alcohol in other jurisdictions, so you must get one if you reside in Florida. For both single-store operations and restaurant operations, general licenses are necessary. You would need to fill out an application with a list of specifications to purchase this license.
- The second license is considered the License for a Restaurant. This is the perfect choice if you are planning on opening a restaurant in Florida. A license for a restaurant includes a restaurant, a dining space, and certain seating tables.
- The third license is classified as a Casino License. This is the best one if you are planning to set up a casino or an amusement park in Florida. In order to ensure that your approval satisfies the criteria, a casino license allows you to own the land where you want to operate your casino and obtain a construction permit.
- A Private Club License will be the fourth license. Within a certain system, this form of license enables you to run a club.
- A Private Event License is our fifth license. This is for things including proms, weddings, and other social events. You can obtain a Private Event Certificate to use as collateral if you are going to rent the event venue for these occasions. There is also, though, a provision for you to have a professional event planner on hand. This is the most common type of license for persons who are intending to operate an actual shop for them.
- License number six is a Private Party License. For marriages, bachelor parties, and other small events, this is great. Such licenses require you to have your location and all the facilities you need to operate the shop. They also expect you to have at least three full-time staff who can run the registry.
- The seventh license is known as the Liquor Board of Government. In most cities and counties throughout the world, you can find these. These licenses allow you to only operate retail sales of liquor at specified locations.
Lastly, you can obtain a Private Specialty License. This allows you to sell certain types of alcoholic beverages in your home or business, depending on what you purchase from your supplier and the laws surrounding the sale.
How to obtain a liquor license in Florida
Once you have done your research on the specific requirements of a liquor license in Florida and determined which type of liquor license is best for your establishment, you can begin the process of obtaining one. While some licenses can be obtained relatively easily, you will need professional help from an experienced liquor license broker to buy a Florida liquor license quickly and smoothly. Liquor License Professional will guide you through your liquor license purchasing process, or liquor license acquisition, through the following steps.
- Determine whether your liquor license needs purchasing, or if it can be obtained from the state directly
- Purchase your Florida Liquor License from a business that is selling theirs.
- Apply for your license through the Florida Division of Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco
Whether an establishment is going out of business, is changing its business model, or just no longer wishes to sell alcohol, there are several avenues you can take as a business owner to purchase a Florida Liquor License. With the help of a professional liquor license broker, you will quickly be able to navigate the treacherous processes that the hospitality industry has become infamous for. With over 30 years of experience in the industry, we are a wealth of knowledge and expertise in operating and licensing. Allow us to understand your business goals as you have envisioned them, and let us help you achieve them. Liquor License Professionals a Trusted Source to help you buy your liquor license in Florida. Call now to get started.