CATERING LIQUOR LICENSE IN FLORIDA
How to Get a Catering & Events Liquor License
Weddings, corporate events, and birthday parties are just a few of the numerous types of events that someone may hire a caterer for. It’s hard to imagine a wedding toast without champagne or a corporate event without a glass of wine. When a prospective client chooses a catering service, the option to serve alcohol may be an added benefit. For some clients, it’s even a must. A catering liquor license in Florida is an essential tool for caterers looking to grow their business. It gives you the freedom to serve alcohol and an edge over your competitors.
Catering Liquor License for Events in Florida
When it comes to catering liquor licenses, there are a few things you need to know. For starters, Florida law authorizes alcohol at catering events by two kinds of licenses: 13CT and 4COP.
Food caterers can apply for an alcohol beverage catering license (13CT), which permits them to sell and serve alcoholic beverages at events in addition to food catering. A consumption on-premises quota license (4COP or higher) also authorizes the licensee (such as an event planner) to sell and serve alcoholic beverages at an event supplied by a separately licensed caterer.
To get a catering liquor license, you will need to apply with the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR). The application will ask for detailed information about your event, including the date, time, location, and type of event. Other permits may be required, depending on the type of event.
Why Should Caterers Get a Liquor License?
A catering liquor license allows a caterer to serve alcoholic beverages at an event, making the event more enjoyable for guests. Other great reasons why caterers should get a liquor license include:
- Widen your range of services
- Attract new clients
- Expand the businesses
- Increased revenue and improved bottom line
- Client happiness and retention
Why Hire a Liquor License Broker?
When applying for a catering liquor license, caterers should remember that the application process can be lengthy and complicated. However, working with a licensed broker can make the process much easier and help ensure that all the necessary permits are obtained.
- Save Time: If you aren’t experienced and updated on the processes in obtaining an event liquor license, you will have to spend countless hours researching the steps to take. As a caterer, you should be focusing on your business and not missing out on potential catering events that could turn into lifelong customers.
- Eliminate Stress: When dealing with bureaucracies, it is easy to become overwhelmed. Having a go-between who knows the process and can communicate effectively with officials on your behalf can take a lot of stress off your plate.
- Avoid Costly Mistakes: The alcoholic beverage industry is full of complex rules and regulations. It’s easy to forget a signature or miss a step in the acquisition process. With over 30 years of experience in the industry, Liquor License Professionals will help you avoid costly mistakes and potential legal fees.
If you plan on serving alcoholic beverages at your event, it is vital to make sure that you comply with state and local laws. The best way to do this is to work with a licensed broker who has experience providing liquor license permits to catering events in your area. Liquor License Professionals can help you with all your license and permit acquisition needs while helping you ensure that you are following all the necessary rules and regulations.
Partner With Liquor License Professionals
Are you looking for a liquor license for your next catering event? Contact a Liquor License Professionals broker for all your liquor license needs in Florida. We specialize in navigating the unforeseen issues of buying or selling a liquor license for catered events. With over 30 years in the hospitality industry, we have the experience and knowledge to help you through every step of the process.
We understand that the requirements of the liquor license industry are complex and can be challenging to maneuver. We strive to ensure that these requirements do not stop you from taking your catering business to the next level.
For more information on our services or to speak with a broker, don’t hesitate to contact us today at (407) 966-1818 or use our contact form. We always make sure to get in touch with our clients as soon as possible. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be happy to answer any of your questions and help you get started on the path to success.